Anne of Green Gables CC0949 Montgomery quotes Postcard


Postcard inspired by author Lucy Maud Montgomery and the novel Anne of Green Gables (1908). Since the mid-twentieth century the book has been considered a children's novel, but the author herself thought the story to be suitable for all ages. Personally I tend to agree with the author. I didn't read Anne of Green Gables as a girl and now, in my fifties, I am surprised over how much I enjoy the novel, especially Anne's way of talking. In some adaptions of Anne she has been made a teenager, but in my opinion that is a mistake. Anne is a precocious child, very bright, talkative and imaginative, and that is an important part of the story and, at least for me, what makes the first book about Anne so charming. The silhouette is created from an oil painting by British artist George Clausen (A schoolgirl, 1889). Personalize the postcard simply by typing over the example texts. You could, for example, add your own favorite quote from Anne of Green Gables.